How to Apply:
- Apply to FSU (and get accepted as a first-time college student). Any first-time-in-college student may apply to any LLC after submitting a Fall 2023-Spring 2024 housing contract. Housing contracts and LLC applications will open on 2/23/23.
- Submit your Fall-Spring housing contract and prepayment at the MyHousing portal. >For priority consideration, students should apply by 11:59 pm EST by 4/3/23.
- Complete the Exploration and Discovery Learning Community application (ONE TIME in ONE DOCUMENT) on-line. You'll need to answer a few essay questions on the application, so it is best to have them written prior to applying and cut and paste them in.
Please limit your entire response to fewer than 5800 characters or 1000 words.
1. Students in any LLC can expect to meet and spend time with like-minded people. What other benefits do you expect to gain by participating in this particular LLC?
2. If you have chosen a major, what led you to this choice? If you have not yet chosen a major, which majors appeal to you and why?
3. What was your favorite high school class and why? What was your least favorite high school class and why?
4. What does it mean to you to be part of a diverse community?
5. Please provide an email address and a phone number where we can best reach you:
- If you are selected as an alternate for any LLC, we may need to contact you very quickly by email or phone when a space becomes available. If you are invited by email or phone, you must accept promptly or forfeit your invitation.
Watch your e-mail for updates but log into the system to check your status Wednesdays through Saturdays on and after the notification date. If you are selected as an alternate, we may need to contact you very quickly by email or phone when a space becomes available. If you are invited by email or phone, you must accept promptly or forfeit your invitation. Watch for limited access dates during LLC student selection as well as system updates.
To learn more, please visit University Housing’s How to Apply page here.
Exploration and Discovery Learning Community Mandatory Orientation Sessions
Orientation dates, times and location will be announced soon.