How to Apply:
- Apply to FSU (and get accepted as a first-time college student).
- Submit your Fall-Spring housing contract and prepayment at the MyHousing portal.
- Complete the Bryan Hall application (ONE TIME in ONE DOCUMENT) on-line. You'll need to answer a few essay questions on the application, so it is best to have them written prior to applying and cut and paste them in.
Please limit your entire response to fewer than 5800 characters or 1000 words.
1. What will you contribute to this particular living-learning community? Consider the special interests, background or skills you can share and the characteristics that make you unique.
2. If you have chosen a major, what led you to this choice? If you have not yet chosen a major, which majors appeal to you and why?
3. What was your favorite high school class and why? What was your least favorite high school class and why?
4. Please provide an email address and a phone number where we can best reach you in either of these situations:
- Based on this written application, some applicants to the Social Justice or WIMSE LLCs will be invited to participate in a phone interview with an LLC student or staff member; final acceptance into WIMSE or SoJust is based on both the written application and the interview. If you are chosen for an interview, we will notify you by email.
- If you are selected as an alternate for any LLC, we may need to contact you very quickly by email or phone when a space becomes available. If you are invited by email or phone, you must accept promptly or forfeit your invitation.
Watch your e-mail for updates but log into the system to check your status Wednesdays through Saturdays on and after the notification date. If you are selected as an alternate, we may need to contact you very quickly by email or phone when a space becomes available. If you are invited by email or phone, you must accept promptly or forfeit your invitation. Watch for limited access dates during LLC student selection as well as system updates.
All new Bryan residents are required to attend a one-hour Bryan Hall orientation session. This requirement takes precedence over other activities, including Greek Life.
Bryan Hall Mandatory Orientation Sessions
You must attend one of the following sessions, held in BRY 303. Seating is limited, so email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your first choice before they fill up.
8/23 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
8/23 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
8/24 11:00 AM – noon
8/24 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
8/25 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
8/25 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM